Valentine’s Day can be a magical day and beautiful reminder of all the loved ones you have in your life. But it can also be a time when people who do not feel as though they have any loved ones feel lonely or down on themselves.
So, let us make this the year that you are reminded that your greatest love in life, your most meaningful and long-lasting relationship, is with…YOU.
You spend all your time with yourself – there is no break. So, you should always strive to respect and love yourself, first and foremost.
Here are some tips on how to build a better bond with the most important relationship in your life.
- Get to know yourself and be introspective. Really look inside and find out your true motivations, barriers, wants and needs.
- Recognize your negative-self talk. We would never speak to someone else the way we speak to ourselves.
- Create and enforce your boundaries. Remember it is ok to say no, and no explanation is needed.
- Practice gratitude and recognition for your physical and inner self. Do daily affirmations or start journaling.
- Make time for yourself and what brings you joy or peace.
- It is not selfish to take care of yourself. Remember, you cannot fill up another person’s love bucket, if yours is empty.
- Recognize, evaluate and validate your feelings. Are you truly angry or are you disappointed or hurt? Are you really happy to help or are you trying to people please?
- Give yourself grace. We are all human, and how we learn and grow from different experiences is what is going to build us up stronger.
Look in the mirror and ask yourself this question: “Will YOU be my Valentine?”
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you have a health and wellness vision for yourself, but have trouble setting goals and planning for success, at Integral Wellness we offer complimentary goal setting assessments to show you the way.
Book you appointment with our team and take advantage of all the FREE resources we offer to promote better health in the community.
Not sure how to get started?
STEP 2: Check out our Blog
STEP 4: Request your Free No-Diet Guide