These Austin-style migas are a fun breakfast or brunch!
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- ½ to 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup crumbled tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tortillas, charred
- Avocado slices
- Lime wedges
- Homemade Salsa or Tomatillo Salsa
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, tomato, jalapeño, garlic, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until softened. Add the eggs and crumbled chips and stir to scramble. Stir in cheese and remove from the skillet.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve with tortillas, avocado slices, lime wedges, and salsa.
Recipe by Love and Lemons