These no bake energy bites are the BEST healthy snack! They’re naturally sweetened, vegan, gluten-free, and totally delicious.
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup roasted almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted (or 2 additional tablespoons of maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium pan, toast the oats over low heat until just browned around the edges, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes. In a food processor, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add the flaxseed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add the walnuts and pulse until combined. Add the oats and coconut and pulse until combined. Add the chocolate chips and pulse just until evenly incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into 12 balls and chill until firm, at least 30 minutes. If the dough is too sticky to work with, chill it for several minutes before rolling.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
I used these vegan mini chocolate chips. A chopped dark chocolate bar also works great here.
If you’re gluten free be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
Recipe by Love and Lemons