We have all heard about one special detox diet or another, they are quite common and very popular as of late. However did you know your body has a natural detoxification process?
Our very clever body eliminates toxins regularly using a myriad of functions including liver, kidneys, lungs, skin and our digestive system. Of course, these organs are only going to be effective at eliminating toxins if they are healthy and strong, and that’s why the detox diet is a popular way to boost our health and assist our body in eliminating unwanted toxins.
So here are 7 easy ways to detox and help your body do it’s thing:
- Ditch the drink – Alcohol unfortunately doesn’t do our livers much good, and can slow it’s function and keep it from doing its wonder work of filtering waste and toxins and eliminating them from our body. Try and stick to a maximum of one drink per night, and if you can go without at all, then that’s even better!
- Go the H20 – water is another fabulous way to flush your body of toxins. Up your intake of water throughout the day, as it is valuable in transporting waste from our body through urination, breathing, and sweating.
- Eat the good stuff – processed foods and foods high in sugar don’t do our organs any good. So if you can stick to the good wholesome stuff you will be aiding your organs to stay healthy and do what they need to do to remove unwanted toxins in the body.
- Its ok to be anti…anti-oxidant – consume foods that are rich in antioxidants, as these help protect your sells from damage, and lower your risk of disease. Berries, Nuts, Green Tea and Vegetables are high in antioxidants.
- Be active – if you have been visiting us recently then you can tick this one off your list! Regular exercise lowers inflammation within the body, and that is helpful toward organs fighting to get rid of those nasty toxins.
- Eat plenty of fibre – it will help detoxify the body by getting rid of waste. Brown rice, fruit, and vegetables are your go to fibre rich foods.
- We C you – Vitamin C helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Beautify – your skin is one of your important organs, so look after it. Invest in good natural skincare, and cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize regularly.