These vegan fajita tacos are such a fun summer dinner! The creamy green chile ranch sauce packs them with bright, zesty flavor.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 (14-ounce) packages Extra-Firm Tofu
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 (1-ounce) package Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 4 bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced into wedges
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil CookingSpray, for the grill
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 8 White Corn Tortillas, , warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced jalapeños
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Green Chile Vegan Ranch Sauce:
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (4-ounce) can Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Dried Dill
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Press the tofu. Wrap each block of tofu in a kitchen towel or paper towels. Place a heavy cast iron skillet on top and let it sit for 30 minutes. This helps squeeze excess water out of the tofu, which keeps it from sticking to the grill.
- Make the sauce. Place the almonds, water, green chiles, lime juice, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut each tofu block into 4 slabs and place on a tray or plate. Drizzle the tofu with half the avocado oil and sprinkle with half the fajita seasoning. Use your hands to coat both sides.
- Place the peppers and onions in a large bowl and toss with the remaining avocado oil and fajita seasoning.
- Spray the grill grates well. Grill the tofu for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until char marks form. Remove from the grill and cut into strips.
- Grill the peppers and onions for 7 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until tender and charred. Squeeze lime juice over the peppers and season to taste.
- Assemble tacos in the tortillas with the tofu, peppers, onions, avocado slices, dollops of the sauce, jalapeños, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and the remaining sauce.
Recipe by Love and Lemons